Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Letting go

So, I'm in Day 2 of a week-long furlough and (outside of the loss of pay) the toughest thing is not being a part of the newspaper. Not that there aren't qualified people to get the job done while I'm away, but when you pretty much structure your life around your job and your job is in the public eye, it's difficult to let go.

I'm doing better than I did the last time I was away though. I suspect I was annoying the folks filling in with my texts and emails with suggestions and questions, but it was almost like an addiction. that time, however, I was on vacation. Laws and rules governing furloughs prohibit me from doing even that, which makes it easier, I suppose.

It's easier today than it was yesterday.

There are no rules from me checking out our website or picking up the paper tomorrow, but it might be best just to pretend they don't exist for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment