Thursday, March 8, 2012

Time to change?

I was disappointed and a little surprised to learn one of our local state legislators, Chauncey "Greg" Gregory introduced a school choice bill.

What surprised me is that his constituency is pro public education. Which makes me wounder who or what influenced him. The first thing I thought was "too bad we don't endorse candidates." I don't care what else he stands for. If you're for using public money for vouchers at the expense of our public schools, you're against what we believe in.

Makes me wonder if our paper should change policy and endorse candidates. If for nothing else, we'd have to oppose his candidacy over this issue that's pretty much No. 1 in our area. Problem is, he's likely to run unopposed anyway.

On the other hand, this would give a possible challenger - even a Democrat (gasp!) a solid platform. We;ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment